Sunday, June 23, 2013

Meal Planning – 6/23/2013

Ok, so it’s that time of week yet again. Believe me this is not a habit but I love that I thought about doing this as I did last Sunday. This week will be tricky because we’re leaving on vacation on Friday evening. Our travels will take us on a 9 hour car ride from Northern to Southern California stopping overnight half way through the trip. This will be our first big traveling adventure with our 2 year old twins so I’m excited and a little anxious. I’ll write about how I've almost prepared us for that trip later in the week. Right now, I’ll focus on the week at hand.

My rationale is as follows:
-      Egg White Omelet is what I order when I get to work. I’m lucky that Hubs works at the same place to breakfast is a mini-date for us. Right now, I love this time but I imagine at some point I’ll have to discontinue this tradition substituting my home made food. Since I’m able to watch the cooks I feel pretty comfortable knowing this basic Omelet is cooked w cooking spray and whites.
-      Oatmeal and Eggs Whites is so incredibly delicious. It was a staple food for me when I was working out during my 4am, 3 hour work out sessions. See my Gym Rat posting. I cook my oatmeal on the stove top and when it has a few minutes left I quickly stir in egg whites. I top with some local honey. It looks a little weird, smells even weirder but it is so hearty and filling.
-      This will be a really busy week wrapping up work before vacation and packing so I need to keep it simple therefore you will see a lot of “Repeats”.

Meal
Mon
Tues
Weds
Thurs
Fri
Breakfast
Egg White Omelet with Spinach, Tomato and Light Cheese
Oatmeal, Egg Whites, and tbs honey
Repeat Mon
Repeat Tues
Repeat Tues
Lunch
Shakeology
Shakeology
Shakeology
Shakeology
Shakeology
Dinner
Chicken Breast w Veggies and Brown Rice
Steak
Brown Rice & Veggies
Leftovers
Chicken Breast w Veggies and Brown Rice
? – On the road
Snack
Fruit
Almonds
String Cheese


I’ll start every day off with lemon water which has detoxifying effects which is a bonus because I get tired of drinking plain water. This week will be fast and fantastic – so looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment