Friday, June 21, 2013

Meal planning RESULTS – week of 6/17/2013 & Beachbody

As I mention in my last blog, I meal planned!! Great! Woot! Awesome!!!

So here’s what actually happened. Day 1 and Day 2 were amazing. Day 3 is when it started to fall apart because of so many excuses. “Excuses” you say? Hell yes! I made excuses each time I didn't defrost the chicken, when I ordered pizza, when I grabbed some candy instead of almonds. Do I feel guilty? No! I feel absolutely responsible and in control of my choices.
I must say that I was a little lost searching in my bare cupboards and refrigerator looking for that comfort food during my anxiety spikes. I was slightly pathetic! So I obviously have some work to do on my nutrition and I already have a plan… Here goes:

Tomorrow (Saturday) I am cooking a batch of chicken, cutting up fruits, buying containers, cutting up veggies, etc. I will have my fridge stocked really well for the week ahead. Planning is everything. I didn't realize all the different aspects of planning though.

Oh one other positive note is that I started taking Shakeology. Which brings us to a discussion about Beachbody…

I have Insanity and P90X. Hubs and I tried Insanity and were able to finish up 3 or 4 weeks before my knees gave out. Then after falling off the wagon, I tried P90X and ordered the Shakeology along with it. I loved Shakeology because I felt really good taking it. I felt like it helped curb my appetite and kept me strong while I went through the long workouts. As far as the work out goes, I didn't keep up because I got lazy and discouraged. The program is great, mind you, but I am hard on myself when I am not perfect. I was not perfect and therefore I gave up on myself. I didn't understand until now that I didn’t need to be perfect. I needed to be persistent.

So this week I started P90X again. YES!!! I can’t believe it and I absolutely LOVE IT. Today is on day 4 and I’m feeling really, really good. I’m excited for the road ahead. I’m excited for being patient (I hate being patient). I’m really letting Tony Horton get into my head when he says stuff about letting it go and turning off my thoughts. I think this is the benefit to working out in the morning – you can just go on autopilot and turn off your brain.

So I am loving this multi-channel journey. I’m at the road where my nutrition, exercise and mind is converging on this windy hill. The road will have roadblocks, undulations, yield signs, and sharp turns and I welcome each and every one for what I will be at the end is STRONGER!


No comments:

Post a Comment