Sunday, June 9, 2013

Infertile, what? I thought we were just being responsible!

By the time Hubs and I decided to have kids when we were married 13 years. We held off in having kids because we didn't feel ready. We had too much to accomplish: better jobs, education, financial, and the list goes on. Finally we took the plunge and unfortunately it didn't happen. We went through years of screenings, tests, and other crazy diagnostics to confirm what we suspected. You can check out my other blog at http://ourinfertilityroad.blogspot.com/  for more details but it can be summed up knowing that most of this list has been checked off in our efforts:



In terms of weight, all of the depression, anxiety, and hormones really helped me to pack it on too. I remember the first visit to the fertility center I was a perfect, healthy size 8 or 10. By the time I ended IVF-related hormone shots and got pregnant I was a very bloated, uncomfortable size 14-16. I remember buying a pair of maternity pants because a) I KNEW I would get pregnant & need them soon and b) I refused to buy larger than a size 14.  

If you’re reading this and thinking you’d kill to be a size 12-14, please, please, please stay with me. Based on my height of 5’3” I really shouldn't be in the double digit size group. When I’m in a 12-14, I feel like I have the biggest belly and arms. I feel like my lower gut – you know that space just below your belly button – makes my size 14’s so tight that I feel like I have consistent camel toe. No one wants to feel like that regardless of the size on the tag on their jeans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment