Sunday, June 23, 2013

P90X: My first week

This morning completes my 1st week of P90X and I’m feeling very accomplished. I am so proud of myself!!

Here are my disclaimers: I hate yoga rather I HATE YOGA. The static stretches make me want to collapse into a ball and take a nap. So, I skipped that session this week. I also didn’t make it to the chest and back video opting to spend a few cherished hours with my hubs this weekend. So I wasn’t 100% perfect on the daily videos but I’ll try again next week. Persistence over patience people! Keep your head in the game. Learn the lesson, Keep trying. Don’t aim for perfect, just aim. These are the things I tell myself daily.

Overall feelings: I feel GOOD! I feel stronger and not as fatigued as I expected. I really love the videos too. I am focused when I do them. I try not to do too much weight always focused on proper form instead. Since I've done the workout for a week before I have a baseline of weights and reps and happily I've been able to stay in that ballpark.


And now for some inspiration that I seek to find almost daily and when I want to pick up the old eating habits. Sometimes I’m checking pinterest and other blogs for that one little nugget and sometimes I’m able to find the inspiration when I’m not necessarily looking for it. Take today, for example, it was so cool to tell Mia that I was going out to the garage to work out when she promptly took off her sandals and grabbed her Nikes. My little bit is only 2 years old and to watch her pick up her 1 pound weights is so precious. Later my son joined in. At one point I glanced at them both doing some physical and feeling so happy that my actions were positively affecting their life too. In turn I am inspiring them to be active. They inspire me to keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment