Sunday, March 2, 2014

21 Day Fix: Week 2 in the BAG!

Hey everyone, 

Sending you a quick update on how THE FIX is going for me after just completing my week 2. 

Quick recap: The 21 Day Fix is the newest Beachbody craze that literally sold out in the first day it was released. Can you say crazy?! Why? This program not only has a solid workout program but it comes complete with a comprehensive workout plan. It's not just a little book of recipes, it's actually comes with colored containers that tell you exactly what you can eat in one day. For example, I can have enough protein that will fit into the little red container. I can have enough veggies that will fit into the little green container and so on. There are containers for all that I'd want or need to eat including cheeses, seeds, and CARBS! 

Did I mention TREATS?! Yes you can have planned treats which include chocolate covered raisins and homemade chocolate cookies. This program is NOT about deprivation but about learning the coveted portion control. For a girl like me, who ate mac and cheese as a dinner staple growing up this lesson is valuable (and most definitely one I'll be passing along to my kiddos). 

So the other amazing thing about this program is that you do not get bored. Each day, Monday through Sunday, I'm doing a different program from total body cardio to an upper body work out to pilates and yoga. It's seriously great to have different moves most days.

The results: AMAZING. Within the first 7 days I had lost 4 pounds. That type of result never happens to me, like NEVER. This week has been slower but I'm building some serious muscle. My hubs commented last night that my arms are totally firming up... Let me remind you I'm only 2 weeks in. 

Progress = LOVE! 

I'm off to go make 16 chicken breasts, grill some veggies, and plan my next week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment