Roasted Veggies complete with Butternut squash, zucchini, and bell peppers. Here's how I made this recipe:
Set oven to 425 degrees.
6 cups butter nut squash (shop for 1 large squash), peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
6 zucchini squash cut up into 1 inch chunks. Note: One zucchini equals one cup.
2 or 3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks.
Grab two cookie sheets and spray some oil on them to prevent sticking. I use the misto oil sprayer and then wiped it all around.
Split the veggies between the two cookie sheets.
Pour 3 teaspoons of olive oil on each cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with cumin (do not miss this step, cumin and butternut squash compliment each other), other spices (I used Braggs mixed veggies) and a wee bit of salt (we don't need to get bloated so go gently!).
Mix up the veggies with your hands. Plop into the oven for 25 minutes. You will know they're ready when the squash is soft.
![]() |
| Here's the finished product |
Now, a little about the kidney beans the recipe calls for. I actually made it with the kidney beans but I will not do it in the future. Nothing against kidney beans and I actually like the dimension of flavor they add to the recipe but because I do not use the called for 3 tablespoons of oil, the kidney beans split up a bit. If you have to have them, the add them during the last 10 minutes or so of cooking OR nuke them and add them to cooked veggies.
21 day fix approved!!!
Without the beans, one serving is one green and 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
With the beans, one serving is one green, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
With the beans plus chipotle cream, 1/4 red but I'd also leave out the agave just because it's not in the 21 day fix nutritional plan.
Here's the link to the full recipe: Giada's Roasted Vegetables with Chipotle Cream Recipe
Now, I' made this recipe minus the Chipotle Cream just because my goal was to bring in a vegetable variety into my meal plan. I literally measure out on green of this yummy yummers, microwave it and put a protein on top of it (my faves are roasted chicken or 2 eggs sunny-side up dusted with cayenne and pepper).
Do yourself a favor and MAKE THIS NOW.
Make sure if you want to chat with me, you fill out the form to the right.

No comments:
Post a Comment