Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Why Chalene Johnson is my Soulmate

I suck at visioning a better me and at setting goals. In my professional life, I am quite successful and love the grind of the work I do. "The machine" is easy for me but slowing down provides me considerable angst right especially when forced to reflect on myself. When searching for my next read, my Beachbody trainer told me about "Push" written by Chalene Johnson. I was just on the free trial read when I totally fell in love with this woman. I mean, could a person know me so well as to write to me? Obviously no but holy moly understanding that I am no different than most other women fighting for a slimmer waist is refreshing (and sad). So here's what resonated for me: 

- I make excuses 
- I give up because I'm afraid 
- Losing weight will be just a band-aid unless I actually take the time to fix me 
- I do not have priorities 
- I do not write any goals, priorities, thoughts down... ever. I think I assume that this is because I'll never read them rather I should just be ok with writing and not expect myself to go back and read my journal entries. 

So anyway, I'm going to do Chalene's 30 day challenge and I'm excited about getting uncomfortable in breaking through my self imposed barriers. 

XOXO,
C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment