Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Eat Clean Diet - Cooler Plan #1 - Day 2

It's 3pm on Day 2 of the Cooler Plan #1 and while my willpower is going strong, I am tired and sluggish. Looking around my room I am right next to my sweet dog and just about willing to give him to the first person that will give me a piece of chocolate. Luckily I'm feeling extra stubborn right now and I'm not feeling like even going to look for something in the pantry to satisfy my sugar need. I know that if I find one small something to sneak in, it will just be a gateway into eating more shit. So I will be resolved, for this moment, to focus on my goal. So, for now, I will sip on my cup of coffee with a bit of creamer and wait for snack time due within the next hour or so. 

That said, I do want to share my day's eatings with you. As always, the red marks those items I've already eaten or consumed for the day. 

Lean ProteinComplex Carb (Veg)Complex Carb (fruit) Complex Carb (whole grain/ starchy carbos)Starchy Complex Carb PairingSweet PotatoWaterNotes
1 palm sized portion eaten 5 times each day of chicken, tuna, egg whites, turkey, bison, elk, or non-oily fish. Shakeology can be a sub.2 cupped handfuls eaten four times per day of cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, leafy greens, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green beans, sprouts, celery, bok choy, or other high water content, non starchy, low glycemic index veggies1 apple or pear per day (1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon or evening) 1 handful per day of cooked quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, millet or cream of wheat 2 to 4 tbs of ground flaxseed & 2 tbs of bee pollen 1 hand sized sweet potato or yam serving per day (1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon or evening)1 gallon a day OR unsweetened hearbal tea
Tuesday
Breakfast (8:45)1 egg + 3/4 cup of egg white 2 cupped hands of spinach, onion, tomato1/2 cup oatmeal (dry) cooked in waterx32
Snack (11:30)shakeology1/2 apple26
Lunch (1:15)tuna packed in water; drained 2 cupped hands of broccoli 1/2 sweet potato32balsamic on broccoli. shakeology made w almond milk, pb2, vanilla, and cinnamon. coffee with creamer.
Snack 2 egg whites1/2 apple32
Dinnerpalm size of chicken breast 2 cupped hands of spinach, asparagus1/2 sweet potato26

UPDATE: This afternoon was a little dicey until after my afternoon snack then it subsided. Since I did feel deprived I did have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and about 8 raisins. I think the rebel in me loved it. It was amazingly creamy though and soooo yummy. I made sure to finish it up before 7 which was 30 min after the cut-off. 

Right now it's 9:30 pm and as I reflect on the day, I'm so proud of myself. I stopped, thought about the ramifications of cheating, and then came up with solutions I knew I could live with. This is a BIG WIN for me. In terms of hunger, I'm feeling satisfied and strong. Physically, my tummy is shrinking. Since Thanksgiving when I look down at my tummy I usually see a bulge and now that bulge has diminished considerably. That is itself is something to cheer about. 

Anyway, here are my eats for the day: 

Lean ProteinComplex Carb (Veg)Complex Carb (fruit) Complex Carb (whole grain/ starchy carbos)Starchy Complex Carb PairingSweet PotatoWaterNotes
1 palm sized portion eaten 5 times each day of chicken, tuna, egg whites, turkey, bison, elk, or non-oily fish. Shakeology can be a sub.2 cupped handfuls eaten four times per day of cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, leafy greens, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green beans, sprouts, celery, bok choy, or other high water content, non starchy, low glycemic index veggies1 apple or pear per day (1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon or evening) 1 handful per day of cooked quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, millet or cream of wheat 2 to 4 tbs of ground flaxseed & 2 tbs of bee pollen 1 hand sized sweet potato or yam serving per day (1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon or evening)1 gallon a day OR unsweetened hearbal tea
Tuesday
Breakfast (8:45)1 egg + 3/4 cup of egg white 2 cupped hands of spinach, onion, tomato1/2 cup oatmeal (dry) cooked in waterx32
Snack (11:30)shakeology1/2 apple26
Lunch (1:15)tuna packed in water; drained 2 cupped hands of broccoli 1/2 sweet potato32balsamic on broccoli. shakeology made w almond milk, pb2, vanilla, and cinnamon. 1/2 cup coffee with creamer.
Snack (4:30)2 egg whites1/2 apple32
Dinner (6:30)palm size of chicken breast 2 cupped hands of spinach, asparagus1/2 sweet potato321 tbs PB and 8-10 raisins.
feeling proud for overcoming my hunger, deprivation or need of sugar. I thought through possible solutions and arrived at the best solutions possible.

After tomorrow, I'll be half way done with goal #1: one week of Cooler 1 plan. Woo hoo!!

XOXO
C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment