Sunday, November 24, 2013

Attack of the couch potato!

I finished the T25 Alpha and Beta program splendidly. I loved this program so much and had some amazing results… but like everything else I was so burned out right at crossing the finish line. Enter here in multiple psychological ramblings and reasoning here. What I will try to express is my fight back.

Number one, I started to get educated. First, I started Tosca Reno’s Recharged book. I felt like I needed a refresh of why I and my family need to eat clean and not only from a weight loss perspective. At the same time I also started to read Derek Doepker’s Weight Loss Motivation Hacks: 7 Psychological Hacks That Keep You Motivated To Lose Weight book. Both have helped in the following ways:

1.   Tosca is teaching me how and what to eat.
2.   Tosca is teaching me the acceptance of how silly I may look carting a cooler everywhere that it’s better to know what I’m eating versus the chemicals and added fats (plus other bad stuff) that can slide unexpectedly into what looks like wholesome foods (salad dressings, prepared fruit salads, parfaits, etc.).
3.   Doepker taught me about mindful eating. This has been the most powerful because I’m learning to think twice before mindless eating. I have found myself making the decision to splurge on a piece of badness. Often times I’m passing up on the crap telling myself “that’s not going to help me hit my goals”.
4.   Both talk about goal setting which I’m so horrible about. I don’t know why; I think I’m too afraid of failure. So I’m in the process of tacking that.

Number two and back to clean eating. I’ve really focused on finding and making recipes. It’s important to call out the “making” part because I’m notorious for finding, buying the ingredients, and that’s it. I’m also convinced that clean eating should taste good not only for me in hitting my weight loss goals but for the whole family. I am determined to make this sustainable else I’ll just gain the weight back when I start so assimilate to the foods my family eat. I am also committed to sharing what works and what doesn’t work about the various recipes I’ve found via sharing on Pinterest. You can follow my clean eating board here: Cel's clean grub board.

I’ve also recommitted myself to drinking at least 2L of water a day. Now listen, I’ve always tried to be faithful to drinking water but I’ve also found that I get lazy (more on that later). I do generally drink a fair amount of water however I think that I have some days where I either do not drink enough (I can tell because I still feel thirsty which is a sign that you are past thirst) or some days I do not drink water (I literally realize this point at about 2pm). So I’m back on the water. My face loves me for it, my tummy loves me for it since it curbs hunger, and I just feel good. J

I’m also finding my next workout program that will combine the goodness of T25 with more weight training. I think this is going to be a hybrid of T25 and P90X. So it’ll look like a T25 cardio session one day, P90X weights then next, then repeat. I am excited to give this a shot.

There is one variable outside of this list that I’m keeping an eye on. Since the twins birth my cycles have not been regular so I’m in my 2nd month of taking birth control pills. I have noticed a two pound gain since starting that could or count not be attributed to the pill. So we’ll see…

I promise to blog more and to share more so that if this helps you, you can get through this funky part of your journey too!

Hugs,


Celia 

No comments:

Post a Comment