Folks, so let me jump right in and tell you how much I’m LOVING,
LOVING, LOVING T25. If you’re not familiar with T25 then you should know this:
there are two phases – ALPHA and BETA and each phase lasts 5 weeks. Alpha is
the foundation for Beta so it’s really important that you complete all 5 weeks
of Alpha before moving on to Beta. Ok, so back to my love of this awesome
program… So I am just wrapping up my 2nd week of Beta and I’m so in
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! First, let me first say that my love for this program has
nothing to do with the Shaun T factor or the nice view of the naked abs in this
series, rather more about the intensity and quickness of Beta. In Beta, you
actually get a better understanding of why in Alpha you repeated so many
similar steps and that Alpha’s conditioning really does make for a LOVEFEST
with Beta. So here are my top 5 reasons why I love Beta so darn much:
- Moves are built from Alpha, but with a twist. I am now really comfortable with the moves and I especially love that I do not have to stare at the TV all the time like I felt like I had to do in Alpha. This allows me to keep my eyes away from the countdown clock, which by the way, prevented me from giving up during the Alpha round!
- The addition of weights – YAY! I love the power I feel in lifting weights. The first time I used them for biceps and shoulders I was actually surprised at how much stronger my arms were compared to prior to Alpha. So it’s obvious, right?! Aside from Alpha’s burpees and plank work, you do enough in Alpha to get some really great strength. BONUS!
- Focused Abs. In Alpha you do the Abs specific exercises once a week. To be fair, most of what you do in Alpha is around tightening your core so it’s not like you’re an Ab slacker when not working out your Ab specifically. In Beta there is a lot more focused Ab work. Be warned that this Ab work will challenge your legs too. Also, I LOVE checking out my strong legs when in that V pose. So yummy!
- All coming together. At this point, I feel like I’ve learned how to eat properly to fuel my body (not my emotions… awe, just saying that makes me want to have some chocolate), what gear works better for me (sports bra, shorts and vibrams for this chick), and other nuances (I think I do better in the evenings and in my living room because my office fan makes me feel like I’m going to hit it when jumping up)
- QUICK, QUICK, QUICK. Seriously, 25 minutes is NOTHING. I mean, I think of it like this: from 25-20 I’m thinking “oh gawd”! Then from 19-13 I’m thinking “we’re almost in the single digits”. Then in the single digits I think “I’ve got this. Bring it on Shaun T”. It’s really quite amazing how quick the video goes and it makes me love it even more.
At this point where I only have 3 weeks left, I’m starting to
consider what my next workout will be. I’m thinking Gamma but I’m researching. J
Love,
C.
No comments:
Post a Comment